[Image-SIG] Codes with image does do not run

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Sat May 28 18:13:41 CEST 2011

Am 24.05.2011, 17:14 Uhr, schrieb SKHUMBUZO ZIKHALI
<akekhofananaye at yahoo.co.uk>:

> I am learning Python on my own using a " Guide to Programming with
> Python"
> book. Author of the book is Micheal Dawson and I am using version 2.3.5
> of
> python.  When I try to run the code I do not get required results. The
> picture
> could not be loaded. I get trackback message regarding undefined
> module.The
> example from the book is as follows:

> from liveswires import games
> games.init(screen_width = 640, screen_height = 480, fps = 50)
> wall_image = games.load_image("wall.jpg", transparent = False)
> games.screen.background = wall_image
> games.screen.mainloop()
> Can anyone please assist me.

Dear Sikhumbuzo,

I suspect the problem has nothing to do with PIL, the Python Image
Library. Have you installed the "liveswires" package you mention?
Presumably to book comes with a CD containing the software. Otherwise we
need to know the precise error you are getting.

By the way Python 2.3 is very old and not supported you should consider
updating to Python 2.7 if possible.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark