[Image-SIG] Trouble with Python Path

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Tue Mar 8 21:30:34 CET 2011

On 3/8/11 7:47 AM, Rodrigo Queluz wrote:
> I'm having a problem with the installation of *Python Imaging Library
> 1.1.7 for Python 2.6*
> <http://effbot.org/downloads/PIL-1.1.7.win32-py2.6.exe> (Windows only).
>
> He don't recognize where Python is installed in my computer. It's not
> installed in C:/ as usual, but in D:/

The installer should be looking in the registry to see where Python is.
If that isn't working, the easiest thing to do is to let it put it in
C:, then move it by hand to where you want it.

It should get put in site_packages

If you don't have write permissions to C:, I'm a a loss -- but there may
be a way to extract the contents of the installer and install it by hand.

-Chris