[Image-SIG] [PIL] Bug with split()

Edward Cannon edward at unicornschool.org
Fri Jun 24 18:29:10 CEST 2011

I have investigated this bug on my system, Win7 64bit, Python 2.6.4 with PIL
1.1.6 and get the following results:
1) The .im attribute is None, but it is not defined in the public interface,
so that is not a bug. (try help(Image) or looking at
http://www.pythonware.com/library/pil/handbook/image.htm, it is not listed
either place).
2) The .split method works just fine for me, returning no error. If I save
out the images it returns they look like what I would expect, one is the
grayscale image and the other is a mask.
I don't have access to a Debian system but my guess is that the issue is
solved in 1.1.6, if it is not, then the error is platform specific. I don't
know what version of PIL Debian currently uses, you may need to install a
newer version manually. And yes, the PIL project is still alive.
Edward Cannon
Unicorn School