[Image-SIG] Help inmstalling Python Imaging Library in mac os 10, 7

Mitayai mit at mitayai.org
Fri Aug 19 06:48:54 CEST 2011

one way of getting pil and many other packages on OS 10.7 (Lion) is through
mac ports.

first grab xcode from the app store (free) so that you have a compiler

then

install mac ports from www.macports.org, open a terminal, and type:

sudo port install py-pil

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 8:27 AM, Charlie Clark <
charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu> wrote:

> Am 17.08.2011, 18:38 Uhr, schrieb Mauricio Martinez <mauricio at marcan.me>:
>

>  Hi I want to install the Python Imaging Library in my mac 10,7 but I have
>> 0 skills with code and terminal, could won give me precise instructions on
>> how to install it.
>> Thanks for the amazon job you  are doing.
>>

> Dear Mauricio,
>
> assuming you have already installed Python your best bet is to enter:
>
> sudo pip install pillow
>
> In Terminal
>
> Charlie Clark
> --
> Charlie Clark
> Managing Director
> Clark Consulting & Research
> German Office
> Helmholtzstr. 20
> Düsseldorf
> D- 40215
> Tel: +49-211-600-3657
> Mobile: +49-178-782-6226

Mit Rowe
Stagename, Inc.
http://www.stagename.com
mit at stagename.com
Office: +1-866-326-3098xt102
Mobile: +1-416-219-2512
Fax: +1-416-533-3480
1 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 107 / Toronto, ON M6K 3E7 / Canada