[Image-SIG] pil rotate 90 bug ?

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Thu Aug 4 21:28:21 CEST 2011

Am 28.07.2011, 11:43 Uhr, schrieb Jeremy Craven
<c.j.craven at sheffield.ac.uk>:

> I have a program that has been working fine rotating images by arbitrary
> angles.
> I just found that if I specify 90 degrees exactly then the image goes
> crazy: only appears in left hand half of image and every other line is
> black and image is stretched vertically.
> Any ideas if this is a bug or I am perhaps doing something in a
> non-recommended way.
> I attach a cut down version of the code which shows the problem. It
> reads "test_in.tif". It rotates it 90.0 and writes "test.tif". It
> rotates it 89.99 and writes "test1.tif". The second output file looks
> fine. The first is wonky.

Dear Jeremy,

first off - it's extremely uncourteous to post such a large e-mail to a
mailing list. Much better to put the attachments on a temporary site
somewhere. Secondly, all the images are black to me so I can't see any
difference between them.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark