[Image-SIG] Building Imaging 1.1.7 on CentOS 4 x86_64

Atro Tossavainen atossava at cc.helsinki.fi
Wed Oct 27 09:41:56 CEST 2010

Hello,

I've got libjpeg-devel installed, but doing a

python setup.py build

with a Python 2.6.6 install that I made myself, against Imaging 1.1.7,
results in no JPEG support.  The same process works just fine on i386
CentOS 4 (also with a custom Python 2.6.6), but not on this x86_64.

The JpegEncode.o and JpegDecode.o files in build/temp.SOMETHING/libImaging
get created in the process, but contain no symbols.  The compilation command

$ gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -g -O2 -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -DHAVE_LIBZ -IlibImaging -I/[PYTHON INSTALL]/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include -I/[PYTHON INSTALL]/include/python2.6 -c libImaging/JpegDecode.c -o build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.6/libImaging/JpegDecode.o

goes through without errors.  I'm completely puzzled.

I would appreciate any help, and explicit personal cc's of any replies
as I am at present not a member of this mailing list.

Best regards,
--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,