[Image-SIG] [OT] Commercial support for PIL

Gora Mohanty gora at mimirtech.com
Thu Nov 11 05:48:54 CET 2010

Hi,

We would like to request commercial support for PIL. We have
been using PIL in a Django project, and have been happy with
it, except that we have been encountering issues with support
for newer .TIF files. Currently, we have encountered such an
issue with:
  * 16 bit-per-channel .TIFF files
  * .TIF files that have unsupported compression schemes
    (AdobeDeflate), plus some other unsupported features
    that we do not fully understand.
Our client would most likely be willing to pay for adding such
support to PIL, provided that we could be assured that such
support would be added in a timely manner.

My apologies for posting this to the list, but I am not
getting a response to multiple queries sent to the address
noted on the page for PIL commercial support:
http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/support.htm .
I would very much appreciate it if someone frm PIL commercial
support would contact me off-list.

Regards,
Gora