[Image-SIG] 64 bit _imaging.so

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Mon Nov 8 15:00:13 CET 2010

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 1:43 AM, Donald Price <don at donvest.org> wrote:
> I am now running opensuse 11.3 on an HP computer with i7-860 processor. Have
> loaded python 2.6.5 and it works fine except for  PIL. I can import  PIL,
> Image, and ImageDraw. But when I import ImageFont or try to use Image I get
> the error "The _imaging C module is not installed".  It seems that the PIL I
> downloaded is a 32 bit version and I need a 64 bit version. Can you help me?

>From where did you download PIL?

Have you checked the openSUSE package repositories to see if they have
a proper package for your platform?

In worst case, you can build your own binaries from source.  That's
usually pretty straightforward on Linux & Unix platforms; see the
README files for details and for the dependencies you need.