[Image-SIG] Python-PIL bug report

Diego Trujillo trujillo.dp at gmail.com
Thu May 27 07:25:52 CEST 2010

Hello,

I am using PIL to render a view in pyGame and I need to rewrite a buffer
image that is loaded to the pygame window after it is rewritten. It works
fine but after a while I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./environmentPYG.py", line 42, in <module>
  File "ouroborus/birdcageLibrary/pyGameVisual.py", line 40, in generate
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/PIL/Image.py", line 1400, in save
IOError: [Errno 24] Too many open files: 'buffer.tiff'

I am running python 2.6 under Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic) GNU/Linux.

I've checked the reference on line 1400 in save but it does not make any
sense to me. I hope this bug report is somewhat useful to you.

Thanks.

--
Diego Trujillo Pisanty