[Image-SIG] Does libjpeg-8a work in PIL?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Thu May 13 19:07:52 CEST 2010

I haven't tested it specifically, but from a quick look at the release
notes, they don't seem to have changed any API:s, so it should work.

In case you need the original, a copy of it seems to be available from here:

http://code.google.com/p/quirkysoft/downloads/detail?name=jpegsrc.v6b.tar.gz

(libjpeg 6 sources should also be available from most linux
distribution repos; it's widely used)

</F>