[Image-SIG] Mac support for PIL

Paul Ross paul at paulross.demon.co.uk
Wed May 5 22:42:23 CEST 2010

Hi there and I'm sorry to bother you but...

I know that PIL is Windows-centric but is there any chance that it will support Snow Leopard on Apple Mac some time soon?

I have been trying to build PIL from source on Snow Leopard without success as it appears to only support PNG and not other image formats such as JPEG.

I have googled for the answer for a couple of hours now and tried many ad-hoc things (deleting PIL, installing libjpeg etc. etc.) but I always just get "IOError: decoder jpeg not available" whenever I try and manipulate JPEG images

Many thanks if you can help me hack PIL to build on a Mac!

Paul.