[Image-SIG] weird windows 7 error with ImageFont

Laura & Edward Cannon cannon.el at gmail.com
Wed May 5 17:00:59 CEST 2010

running the selftest.py I find the following output:

PIL 1.1.7 TEST SUMMARY
Python modules loaded from C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\PIL
Binary modules loaded from C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\PIL
--- PIL CORE support ok
--- TKINTER support ok
--- JPEG support ok
--- ZLIB (PNG/ZIP) support ok
*** FREETYPE2 support not installed
--- LITTLECMS support ok
Running selftest:
--- 57 tests passed.

I tried installing freetype2 from the GnuWin people
(http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/freetype.htm) but that
didn't seem to help, even with a reinstall of PIL. Do I need to try to
recompile PIL or do something else? sxstrace output doesn't seem
helpful to me either, unfortunately most of my C experience is on
other OS's, but I'm willing to play around.
Edward