[Image-SIG] building PIL in Snow Leopard

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Sun Jun 20 03:30:26 CEST 2010

Jack Uretsky wrote:
> Macintosh-2:Imaging-1.1.7 jackuretsky$ python setup.py build_ext -i
> running build_ext
> --- using frameworks at /System/Library/Frameworks
> building '_imaging' extension
> Compiling with an SDK that doesn't seem to exist:
> /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk
> _______________________________
> and, sure enough, there is no MacOSX10.4u.sdk in my SDK directory.
> Something that i am invoking seems out of date becouse Snow Leopard
> is MACOSX 10.6, which I've just updated to 10.4
>         Any insights?
>             Regards,
>                 Jack

It looks like you are building with the python.org Python, correct? It
is build to work on older systems, thus the MacOSX10.4u.sdk requirement.
That sdk is an optional install with XCode -- if you go back to the
XCode installer, you should be able to find a way to add it (sorry, it's
been a while, I don't remember exatly how...)

But you can probably use the binaries here, if you like:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/855965/PIL-OSX-Binaries/PIL-1.1.7-py2.5-macosx10.5.mpkg.zip

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/855965/PIL-OSX-Binaries/PIL-1.1.7-py2.6-macosx10.5.mpkg.zip

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov