[Image-SIG] the question about the PIL installation on cygwin

朱轶君 peter_zyj at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 25 15:29:33 CEST 2010

hi, supporter

i am trying to get PIL on my PC cygwin/windows, python 2.6.5, and PIL 1.1.7

but one big fault suspend me!!

$ python setup.py install
running install
running build
running build_py
running build_ext
building '_imaging' extension
gcc -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -DHAVE_LIBZ -I/usr/include/freetype2 -IlibImaging
-I/usr/include -I/usr/include/python2.6 -c _imaging.c -o build/temp.cygwin-1.7.5-i686-2.6/_imaging.o
unable to execute gcc: No such file or directory

i don't know what file or folder that GCC can not find??

i also find some other guy met with such problems, but no solution put forwarded or i can not find it on internet :)

sorry for the ridiculous question , i am the amateur pythoner

BRs
Carl