[Image-SIG] n00b Question

Steve Freitas sflist at ihonk.com
Tue Feb 23 05:48:15 CET 2010

On Sun, 2010-02-21 at 23:05 -0800, Steve Freitas wrote:

> I've verified that I'm pulling data that isn't just a bunch of zeros,
> and I've verified that the generated TIFF isn't just a bunch of zeros,
> but when I view it I get the checkerboard pattern which seems to
> indicate a translucent image. Or something.

Solved. Turns out that I needed to a) Change the mode to 'I', the raw
decoder mode to 'I;16BS' and save it as a PNG. I wonder if I just needed
to set alpha somehow on the TIFF, but no biggie, a PNG gave me what I
needed and I can use gimp to convert it to a TIFF if that's the format
my 3D scene manager needs.

Steve