[Image-SIG] Support of RGB 16 bits images

Laura & Edward Cannon cannon.el at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 01:26:52 CET 2010

I have a similar question. PIL supports 16 bit integer for single band
images, but not multi-band images. Messing around a bit with the 1.16
version, I find that many of the operations in the library are for 8
bit bands only. ImageMagick has python bindings and supports a wide
variety of formats, check it out.