[Image-SIG] Opening TIFF and HPGL files using Python PIL getting IO Errors

Dean Allen Provins, P. Geoph. provinsd at telusplanet.net
Wed Aug 18 17:09:14 CEST 2010

Satya:

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 12:28:27AM +0200, Sebastian Haase wrote:
> Satya,
> maybe you can ask here:
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Chiplotle
> and let us all know what you got ... ;-)
>
> Good luck,
> Sebastian Haase

I recommend "hp2xx" to read, display and convert to other formats,
your HP-GL files.  It does an excellent job, and I use it regularly.
It will convert to several other vector and some raster formats.  I use
it to convert to Postscript (actually EPS).

Go to "http://www.gnu.org/software/hp2xx/" to read about it, and
to obtain a copy.  If you are a Linux user, it may also be
available for your distribution (it certainly is for Debian).

Regards,

Dean