[Image-SIG] _grabscreen???

Scott Hastings hastings at indiana.edu
Thu Apr 1 01:17:17 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm having a difficult time using the python imaging library on my
mac.  Being naive, I installed a universal binary that someone
compiled from  "http://pythonmac.org/packages/py25-fat/index.html".
This is after trying for a few hours to install from the source code;
however, couldn't get it to run without a laundry list of errors.

With the binary version, I have been successful running most modules;
however, cannot an essential function for my module to work, the
ImageGrab().  When running, it reports an error: ImportError: No
module named _grabscreen

How do I fix this? or Work around?

I'm not adverse to reinstalling from the sourcecode, re-formating my
mac, or buying a cheap PC!  It's important that I can do a screen
capture with python.

Thanks for the help!

Cheers,
Scott