[Image-SIG] Problem when resizing large JPEG to thumbnail

Etienne Desautels tiit at sympatico.ca
Mon Sep 28 17:11:02 CEST 2009

Sorry for posting in to parts.

On 09-09-28, at 07:22, Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 4:44 AM, Etienne Desautels
> <tiit at sympatico.ca> wrote:
>
>> 3. Converting from TIFF CMYK to RGB shift the colors dramatically.
>
> This is a bug in 1.1.6 and earlier (well, strictly speaking, it's a
> old bug in Photoshop, but I guess we're not really in a position to
> make them change their implementation ;-).  It's fixed in 1.1.7.
> There's also a drop-in replacement JPEG plugin by Kevin Cazabon that
> fixes this for earlier versions (in a somewhat roundabout way, due to
> a bug in the core library that has also been fixed in 1.1.7); see:

I saw that there's a lot of things fixed and added in 1.1.7. For me
the inclusion of pyCMS is great (always looking for ways to improve
image quality). If I have some time I will test 1.1.7 from tip.

Do you know when you will release the final version ? It looks like
your not really far from releasing.

Etienne