[Image-SIG] Installation program does NOT provide file pilimages.py

Randy Lent rlent at monterey.k12.ca.us
Wed Oct 21 01:56:10 CEST 2009

I am currently taking a class in Python.  For the class, we are using version 2.6.  I have attempted to install the Python Imaging Library on two different computers using this link
http://effbot.org/downloads/PIL-1.1.6.win32-py2.6.exe

[cid:image001.png at 01CA51A5.9DEC4040]

In both cases, the pilimages.py file is missing.  Not only is the file NOT in the C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages folder, a search of my entire hard drive does NOT find the file.
A new folder "PIL" is created, and there are a lot of new files, but the pilimages.py file is not among them.

Is there an alternate source for installing the Python Imaging Library?

Sincerely,
Randy Lent

Randy Lent
Programmer II