[Image-SIG] Windows CRT issues with Python 2.6

Farshid Lashkari flashk at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 18:00:28 CEST 2009

I use Resource Hacker (http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/), it allows you
to view and edit all embedded resources of EXE/DLL files. It's a very handy
application. Dependency Walker is really nice too.
Regarding the issue, wouldn't it just be better to compile the pyd without
any embedded manifest file, instead of trying to parse and remove certain
sections? I'm not familiar with how distutils works, but for my own Visual
Studio projects I pass the /MANIFEST:NO option to the linker and it will not
generate an embedded manifest file.