[Image-SIG] Problem with optimize flag and GIF encoder

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Mon Nov 30 00:06:14 CET 2009

Hmm.  PIL doesn't officially support "optimize" for GIF files:

    http://effbot.org/imagingbook/format-gif.htm

so maybe this is some partially implemented feature that's been hiding
in there for ages.  I'm not sure GIF is such a great format for
thumbnails anyway; maybe the toolkit should be tweaked to render any
8-bit thumbnail as PNG instead?

</F>