[Image-SIG] Example Code for Displaying Pictures--I'm Stumped

Wayne Watson sierra_mtnview at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 25 17:21:50 CET 2009

David, I have many video files, but only want to process them one at a
time. The format is unique, but simple. Basically, 640x480 b/w bmp
images one right after the other. The program should read one image,
then allow the user to produce a histogram of the image displayed. Now
he moves to the next one of interest, and does the same. I started down
this path some months ago, but got side tracked. I did make some
progress, so I think I'll review that, and just see if I can finish it
off. I would think it really isn't a complicated program. In fact, I
would think such a common need, without the histograms, that it should
be available as a possible example of how to read simple video files.
I'll stick to Win Python. I've used C and Linux before, but don't see a
need to go back to it here.