[Image-SIG] Reading and Manipulating a WinTV Capture Card

Wayne Watson sierra_mtnview at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 22 19:34:11 CET 2009

I would like to read a capture card (Subject) that is connected to a b/w
camera and produces 640x480 frames. I'm certainly not familiar with the
methodology and has some basic understanding how images can be written
and read from a PC monitor. On the surface of it, capture card, it would
seem that on only needs to read each frame into an array of appropriate
size, and process the frames as necessary.

The card is made by Hauppauge, but they say they know of no facility to
read their card. I know a fellow who is doing it with C++, but my
interest is in Python. He may have to use ActiveX or some other MS
tool.  Is there some way?

                   350 350 350 350 350 350 350 350 350 350
                     Make the number famous. See 350.org
            The major event has passed, but keep the number alive.

                    Web Page: <www.speckledwithstars.net/>