[Image-SIG] 64bit windows OS

Elias Fotinis efotinis at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 1 08:02:19 CET 2009

From: "Raphael Walker" <web at busino.ch>
> the _imaging.pyd has dependencies to zlib.dll. i checked your _imaging.pyd
> from your install package and there is no dependency to zlib.dll.

There shouldn't be a dll dependancy. You have to build zlib as a static
library (zlib.lib). I've used the makefile in zlib's win32 directory to
create a zlib.lib (make sure you're in the main zlib directory, not in
\win32):

    nmake /f win32\makefile.msc zlib.lib

You can omit the "zlib.lib" part in the above command if you want all
targets (dll, minigzip, etc.) to be built, but we don't need them for PIL.
Try that and see if it works.

And remember I've uploaded a prebuilt x64 PIL 1.1.6 binary for Python 2.6 in
case you need it in a hurry :)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?20h3zeimnke