[Image-SIG] problem with putdata function

Cai Xiao(dynaturtle) dynaturtle.cai at gmail.com
Tue May 12 07:11:55 CEST 2009

Hey, I am new to PIL. And I have a problem with putdata function when I try
to load some data to the image objectThe code is as following:

   1.     mode = 'RGB'
   2.     size = (sregion.right - sregion.left, sregion.top -
   sregion.bottom)
   3.     im = Image.new(mode, size)
   4.
   5.     if type == 'dem':
   6.         minV = band.GetMinimum()
   7.         maxV = band.GetMaximum()
   8.         imData = []
   9.         for j in range(size[1]):
   10.             for i in range(size[0]):
   11.                 heightValue = int((rasterTuple[i * size[0] + j] -
   minV) * 255 / (maxV - minV))
   12.                 pixelValue = (i,j,heightValue)
   13.                 imData.append(pixelValue)
   14.
   15.         im.putdata(imData)

    I got a error when the program run to line 15, the error information is
as following:
          OverflowError: 'long int too large to convert to int'
    the imData length is 981760, and my computer memory is 2GB

Can anyone help me fix the problem?
Thanks

--
Department of Spatial Information Science&Technology,
School of Earth&Space Science, Peking University