[Image-SIG] PIL with JPEG support on Windows: Error Writing JPEG file

Wed Mar 25 17:07:39 CET 2009

Bryan Jeal wrote:
>  >>> import _imaging
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
> ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
>
> Basically I am still lost... Any other ideas?
When you run youtr python application with the command line:
     python -v prog.py ...
or even:
     python -vv prog.py ...
rather than your normal:
     python prog.py ...

You will get a lot of output on stdout showing what imports are tried
and what files are being looked for.  this output can be a source of
clues about where the issue lies.  This is only general advice about
how to debug import problems.  If you do ask again, please include in
your question the output of:

     import sys, platform
     print (sys.version)
     print (platform.platform())

as sometimes versions are quite important to the diagnosis.

--Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org