[Image-SIG] PIL with JPEG support on Windows: Error Writing JPEG file

Tue Mar 24 19:00:12 CET 2009

Bryan Jeal wrote:
> After finally getting over the _imaging C module is not installed (even
> though an _imaging.dll existed - Python2.5 seems to only like
> _imaging.pyd) and successfully opening and reading a JPEG (I had
> numerous other errors when I tried to get this working before) file I am
> so very lost. Please help!
Laura & Edward Cannon told you the simplest way in general.
However, if you rename you _imaging.dll to be _imaging.pyd, your
troubles may also be over.  Because Microsoft has been trying to
increase their security by changing the rules about when dlls can
be loaded (no doubt due to some exciting virii), Python has
switched to using .pyd for the name of python dlls.

--Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org