[Image-SIG] [raclette] 1.1.7 status

Florian Höch lists+Image_SIG at hoech.org
Sat Mar 14 09:53:16 CET 2009

I wrote a patch for CMYK undercolor removal for the "dumb" (non-ICC)
conversion a while ago, but I think I never posted it anywhere - so here
goes (it works flawlessly as far as I can tell, but I as I'm no seasoned
C-programmer the code is maybe not very efficient). Only drawback I can
think of is that the results are of course inconsistent with previous
PIL versions, but you gain the benefit that the conversion can be easily
inverted.

Something else I'd like to see is 16-bits-per-channel support for image
types that can do it (hmm, TIFF, PSD?), but I have no idea how much work
that'd be, so maybe not for 1.1.7.

Regards,

Florian Höch