[Image-SIG] towards 1.1.7 (code name "raclette")

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Fri Mar 6 18:35:44 CET 2009

Looks like some people out there have noticed this little page:

    http://bitbucket.org/effbot/pil-2009-raclette/overview/

so I might as well announce it to the list - it's finally time for the
1.1.7 "patch catchup" I mentioned last year.  The plan is simple: pick
must-have/low-hanging/obviously-correct fixes and patches, add them
all on top of 1.1.6, and cut a new 1.1.7 release.  No big overhauls,
no CADT-style rewrites, just plain old boring software maintenance.

The plan is to collect patches/fixes over the next few weeks, and cut
an alpha before the end of the month.

Here's what you can do:

1. Go to the above page and look for your favourite patches.  If it's
there, you don't need to do anything now - just keep an eye on this
list and help us with testing when this thing goes alpha.

2. If the patch or fix isn't there, you can:

   a) followup on this list - either post a patch or a pointer to
      a patch if you have it, or describe the problem.

   b) add it to the issue tracker on that site.

   c) grab a source snapshot (use the 'download >>' feature) and
      prepare a patch; submit it using approach (a) or (b).

   d) or, if you're a Mercurial user, clone the repository and work
      on a patch, and either submit it as as above, send me a pull
      request, or send me a patchbomb (if you don't know what that
      is, please don't ;-).

   e) for sensitive or bulky stuff (e.g. if the test data needed
      to trigger the bug cannot be posted in public), feel free
      to contact me off-list.

As usual, I reserve the right to reject/postpone patches that are too
big or complicated or risk breaking old code.  I also reserve the
right to remove the above repository when this catchup is done; the
final version will be released through the usual channels.

Cheers /F