[Image-SIG] feature detection/location in images

Kevin Cazabon kevin at cazabon.com
Tue Jul 14 05:31:14 CEST 2009

Hey everyone - does anyone have good experience in locating features
in an image?  PilPlus used to have a "ImageCrackCode" module, but I've
never used it or even seen it (it says no longer available).

I don't need to find _specific_ features, but need to find a small set
of distinct features consistently in similar images (for aligning them
together).  I can brute-force this with min/max values/etc, but was
hoping for some help on something more elegant and efficient.  Any
pointers would be appreciated, thanks!

Kevin.