[Image-SIG] installation error of PIL1.1.6

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sat Jan 31 23:26:38 CET 2009

You're missing the Tcl/Tk developer files; see e.g.

  http://mail.python.org/pipermail/image-sig/2008-December/005308.html

  "This probably means that you have enough of Tcl/Tk installed for the
  installation process to think it's worth building the Tkinter support,
  but, as Karsten points out, not enough of it to actually be able to
  build that support.  To fix this, either install tcl-dev/tk-dev (or
  whatever the packages are called on your machine), or tweak setup.py
  to skip that part of the process."

</F>

PS. Next time you get an unexpected error message, try googling for a
representative part of the message.  Chances are that you're not the
first one that's seen the same message.