[Image-SIG] Image Search at Xyggy

Dinesh B Vadhia dineshbvadhia at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 31 19:57:42 CET 2009

Hi!  This group might be interested in what we are doing at Xyggy (www.xyggy.com), a Bay Area search startup that is building item-based search services as well as an online platform for developers.  We have started to showcase the technology with 5 demos including image search which allows you to find similar images by dragging and dropping one or more images into the search oval.  Go have a play.

The image demo is based on texture (Gabor and Tamura) and color (HSV) features.  The Xyggy search engine can operate on features ranging from the simple to the complex (ie. color, texture, luminosity, invariance, edge detection and so on).  The features used for any particular image search service are in the developer's control.  Another advantage is that an organizations primary data, in this case images, reside on their site to ensure data protection and privacy.

We use Python for all prototype development and data processing and is superb for both these functions.

Cheers ...

Dinesh