[Image-SIG] Converting images to palette mode

Lukas Orsin lukas.orsin at infinit.sk
Tue Jan 27 17:44:43 CET 2009

Thanks for answers.
I am sure no image is broken. If I run my program once again, previously
stopped image is processed with no error and no exception.
I tested conversion a few times with many little images on two mashines
(both 32bit Win 2003 server) and it crashed after allocation 50 - 60 MB of
memory.
A preliminary test on 64bit Win 2008 server ended well with 200,000
converted images at memory allocation  250 MB in the end.
We think problem takes about memory allocation at mass conversion.

My script is attached.
(usage: python to8bit_folders_upgrade.py c:\temp\images)