[Image-SIG] IOError: decoder jpeg not available

Ryan Newton newton1988 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 08:19:07 CEST 2009

Hi,I'm new to python and to learn more I've been working through python
challenge.
I needed PIL a few levels ago, and encountered this error, but was able to
work around it. Now I don't see any way, and everything I try keeps giving
me the IOError: decoder jpeg not available error.

I've read a few sites where people have posted a similar problem, but there
seemed to be some dispute about how to fix it. I have tried some of the
suggested fixes, but I don't know enough about unix and python to follow
them.

I'm running OS X Version 10.5.7.

How can I fix this?

Thanks,