[Image-SIG] problem with numpy.asarray and PIL

Guy K. Kloss g.kloss at massey.ac.nz
Tue Aug 4 07:30:48 CEST 2009

On Tue, 04 Aug 2009 17:07:18 you wrote:
> I'm OK with the operation not making much sense, I'm not OK with python
> dying with a segmentation fault.
>
> For what it's worth, I also get a segfault with a.sum():

Hmmm, interesting. I've just given it a try with pure numpy boolean arrays.
And that worked on my setup (Ubuntu Jaunty, Python 2.6, NumPy 1.2.1).

Maybe it's something really in the way that PIL aligns its image data that
then is dumped into a NumPy array by plugging a header structure on top.

Guy

PS: I don't need a personal to with the list in CC. I read the list, and that
gets sorted by my mail filter.

--
Guy K. Kloss
Institute of Information and Mathematical Sciences