[Image-SIG] Creating a Transparent Image and Placing it Over Another Image

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Mon Apr 6 05:39:46 CEST 2009

Wayne Watson wrote:
>  I would like to create a transparent image with a circle
> on it and a crosshair at the center of the circle, then place it on top
> of the first (real) image (produced by the h/w). I have no trouble
> drawing on the real image, but I'd like use this transparency idea here.
> The reason is that eventually I'd like the user to drag around the
> circle over the real image,

I'm not sure what GUI toolkit you're using, but it probably makes sense
to use the toolkits drawing routines for this kind of thing.

I know it's pretty easy with wxPython -- look fro various articles in
the Wiki by searching for "drawing". Also, under "images", I think
you'll find info about interfacing between IL images and wx.Image.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov