[Image-SIG] Analyzing hemispheric photos?

Eric Graham egraham at cens.ucla.edu
Fri Oct 17 17:29:35 CEST 2008

Hello,

I received this request via the R-Ecology mailing list and thought I'd post
the question here.  Apparently Windows Vista 64-bit does not support Gap
Light Analyzer, which takes canopy hemispherical photos, thresholds them,
and then gives values such as % canopy openness, LAI, etc.  Has anyone used
PIL to analyze hemispheric photos?  If so, would you have some code lying
around to help out this person?  This is all assuming that Python + PIL work
under Windows Vista 64, which I know nothing about...  Thanks a lot!

Eric