[Image-SIG] How to create a new RGB image from an mxnx3 numpy array

David Goldsmith d_l_goldsmith at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 4 18:40:19 CEST 2008

Awesome, thanks Ned!  FTR (in case it helps others): Ned's "solution" was, formally, among the first things (if not the first thing) I tried, but...for my RGB table, I was using a colormap salvaged from some previous work in matlab using the scipy sub-package scipy.io.mio.  All that data was in floating point in the interval [0,1], which I knew, but by the time I guessed that I probably needed to convert it to [0,255], I think I must've made some other change somewhere else and/or neglected to simultaneously enforce that the m x n x 3 array be numpy.uint8 so that, between those other two problems, the solution to my problem was being "masked". :-(  Anyway, thanks again!

DG