[Image-SIG] Patch Analysis

Dane Springmeyer blake at hailmail.net
Sun Nov 30 00:30:14 CET 2008

Hello Maddy,

I'd look into GDAL and/or Grass, since to do such area and perimeter
calculations in real world units you'll have more success working with
the data using software that understands coordinate systems.

Both GDAL and Grass have possibilities for scripting in python.

If you can figure out how to do feature-based summaries with pure
python and PIL, I'd be interested to hear about your approach.

Dane