[Image-SIG] [PIL] Python image library issue: domain users cannot save files

Vincent Xu vixvixreg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 16:08:51 CET 2008

Hi,

I might have a permission issue when using PIL. If I am a domain user, even
I have the permission to write in a folder, when I tried to do simple things
like Image.open("foo.tif").save("bar.tif"), i am getting exception IOError
("0", "Error"). I tried to set os.umask(0) before I saved the file but the
same exception threw. But If I am a local user, I have no problem with the
same script. Does anyone ever have the same situation and know a work around
for this? Thanks.

Best,

Vix