[Image-SIG] PIL on etch using python2.5

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sun Mar 30 14:30:45 CEST 2008

Thomas Zaffran wrote:

> Ok so I installed those libs and now when I run the setup.py script I
> can see that JPEG support is OK. However if I launch the selftest.py
> script here's the output I get :
>
> PIL/Image.py:53: RuntimeWarning: Python C API version mismatch for
> module _imaging: This Python has API version 1012, module _imaging has
> version 1013.
>   import _imaging
> PIL/ImageMath.py:19: RuntimeWarning: Python C API version mismatch for
> module _imagingmath: This Python has API version 1012, module
> _imagingmath has version 1013.
>   import _imagingmath

this means that the "_imagingmodule.so" and "_imagingmathmodule.so"
modules that your Python interpreter is picking up wasn't built for that
Python version.  (1013 is Python 2.5, 1012 probably 2.4 or 2.3).

if you're building PIL yourself, make sure you build PIL with the same
Python version as you're going to use it with.

if you're getting a prebuilt version, make sure to get one that was
built for the Python version you're going to use.