[Image-SIG] PIL and Python 3000

Mon Mar 17 13:59:04 CET 2008

Hi Jordan, hi Carlos,

>>> I am very interested in learning Python for pixel-based image
>>> manipulation for scientific applications
>>
>> As you are targetting in scientific applications, you will probably
>> be
>> interested in numpy/scipy/matplotlib which provide python with
>> matlab-like features. Take a look specially in scipy.ndimage:
>> http://www.scipy.org/SciPyPackages/Ndimage

as already advertised in a parallel post: you should at least have a
short look at OpenCV that provides loads of computer vision, image
processing and also machine learning stuff and has a decent Python
interface:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencvlibrary/

Yours, Mark

Institut für Nachrichtentechnik, RWTH Aachen University
http://www.ient.rwth-aachen.de/cms/team/m_asbach