[Image-SIG] Bug Report [PIL 1.1.6 with Python 2.5.2 on Windows Vista Home Premium]: im.show() does not work.

Stanley Sokolow overbyte at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 16 17:25:03 CET 2008

I'm posting this to clarify that this is apparently a bug, which occurs on
the Vista platform.  The following test fails to display any image when the
default bmp viewer is launched:

import Image
im = Image.open("sampleImage.jpg")
im.show()

No error messages.  The default bmp viewer launches but reports that it has
no file to display.   This test works properly on Windows XP Home Edition
with same versions of PIL and Python.  PIL and Python were installed from
the Windows binaries.  See my posting called "im.show does not show, and
Tkinter isn't displaying my jpg image" for details.