[Image-SIG] Please help... I'm desperate

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Thu Jun 19 23:10:35 CEST 2008

Tom,

We just answered this on this list a few weeks ago.  This is not an OS
X "problem".  You do not need to install a different Python.
Installing PIL from pythonmac.org may or may not help; I personally
distrust using pre-packaged repositories that depend on non-Apple
Python unless you know what you're doing (and you don't).

Your problem is that you are using Fink; my advice is to remove the
whole /sw tree, and rid yourself of dependence on Fink.  Once you've
removed Fink, PIL installs just fine with:

   sudo python setup.py install

Bill