[Image-SIG] [image-sig] controlling brightness of the image

Varsha purohit tiptip.barish at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 21:04:59 CET 2008

Hello All,
       I have written a program using ImageEnhance module of pil where i am
controlling brightness and contrast of the image but i  am unable to use
im.save method to save the file. My code is here :

import Image
import ImageFilter
import ImageEnhance

file2 = "xyz.jpg"
img2 = Image.open(file2)
ench = ImageEnhance.Brightness(img2)
ench1 = ench.filter(ImageFilter.SHARPEN)
ench.save("xyz1.jpg" + ext, "JPEG", quality=100)

It says Brightness doesnt have attributes save and filter ?

Than how can i save the enhanced image... any ideas...