[Image-SIG] Problem with show() in PIL1.1.6

Tim Kraemer kraemertim at ymail.com
Mon Dec 8 10:06:04 CET 2008

Hi everybody,

I'm new to this mailing list and hope anybody can help me with my problem:

Within a python script I use Image.show() to have a look on the images I analyze (if I want to). The script runs fully automated so there is no need to look at the images all the time.

With PIL1.1.5 everything is alright but with PIL1.1.6 Image.show() waits until the showing program has been closed. I didn't find anything about this fundamental change in the 1.1.6 release changes. Therefore I'm wondering if this behaviour is intended or if this is a bug? Are there any command parameters to prevent Image.show() from waiting?

FYI: I'm using Windows XP Pro SP2 with ActiveState Python 2.5.2

Thanks in advance
Tim