[Image-SIG] RGB[8:8:8] to RGB[4:4:4] and RGB[12:12:12]

Laura & Edward Cannon cannon.el at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 18:52:39 CEST 2008

color spaces
first off the data you got is not character data, it is python
integers, to get only 4 bits of significance try something like
int(floor(x/8.0)). padding could be accomplished by multiplication by
8. The answers to these would still be python integers, which would
still need to be encoded in the proper format, their might be a slick
way to do it, but look at the documentation for the ord() function.