[Image-SIG] FW: PIL

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Mon Apr 28 22:33:16 CEST 2008

Kathleen Krause-Thompson wrote:

> It is on Debian Linus, 2.6.19.666. I am not sure how our data
 > center rep installed it. That's part of the problem. It looks
 > like this uses a library called jpeg-6b instaled of libjpeg.

Those are two names for the same thing -- "jpeg-6b" is the name of the
distribution, "libjpeg" the name of the library file on Unix systems.

Can you install prebuilt packages on the machine?  The Debian folks
provide nice and carefully built packages for all recent versions; look
for "python-imaging" (iirc, they have 1.1.5 in the stable repository and
1.1.6 in the testing release).