[Image-SIG] im.show does not show, and Tkinter isn't displaying my jpg image

Rodrigo Dias Arruda Senra rsenra at acm.org
Sat Apr 12 06:25:41 CEST 2008

[ Guy K. Kloss ]:
---------------------
>On Tue, 08 Apr 2008 2:15:40 pm Rodrigo Dias Arruda Senra wrote:
>> I have two small suggestions. Adding "eog" as one of the
>> viewers, and using the environment variable VIEWER as a way
>> to boost the priority of a preferred viewer.
>
>I really like the idea of using $VIEWER,

Glad to know.

> but is it really good/necessary to add each window manager's default
> viewer here?

Not necessary, but it is certainly good to find out that your
favorite image viewer is supported. And if it takes 4 or 5 lines
of code to achieve it I say it is worth it.

> How about Gwenview then,

Sure, why not. I think Gnome and KDE default viewers should
be by all means supported.

> and the 1001 other viewers for Linux/Wintendo/Mac?

I guess 1001 would be too much ;o).
But a dozen should cover enough tribes and wild preferences.

cheers,
Rod Senra